Friday, November 24, 2006

My Cubicle


It's only been my 'home' for the last year but strangely I'll miss it. It wasn't an easy decision to make. I know when I told my boss I was leaving there was some surprise. Of course there was surprise - how many people quit a good job to take off on a freighter for four months? I've been with this company (Dana) for almost 4 years, but only at this plant for a year. I had planned to stay longer, however, as they say timing is everything. For those that don't know, I chose to join my mother after she had decided to go. For myself I feel that it's now or never. If I don't do it now somehow I don't think I'll ever do it.



That's one great thing about this spot - the fact that there's a window just behind me. Okay, it looks out over the parking lot, a gas station, an empty field and a highway. It's still nice to be able to see what it's like out every now and then. And no, the space isn't always that tidy. We had visitors to the plant last week so I tidied up a bit. Now I'm in the cleaning up mode for leaving (which will be Dec. 7th).

No comments: