Today was a pretty slow day, interrupted only by a lifeboat drill. We dutifully put on our life jackets and reported to the muster station. The chief officer, after taking attendance, went through the procedures of what to do if (god forbid) we had to take to the lifeboat. It’s interesting actually as the main lifeboat holds more people than are on the ship. As well there is another small boat aft, four life rafts, and another boat forward. I suppose this is a good thing, however, I hope we never have to use any of them. The main boat launches at about a 45-degree angle down a ramp. I hear that when we’re in Germany the crew will actually launch it (hopefully I’ll get some pictures).
At noon today we were just about even with the Florida / Georgia border. It’s likely we’ll be in Camden, NJ sometime tomorrow afternoon. That should give us some time to explore Philadelphia or even Atlantic City if we’re in port for a couple of days.

No comments:
Post a Comment