Friday, March 09, 2007

Day 69 - Singapore Skyline


We were lucky this morning – just before we left we found out that our departure time had changed. So, with not having to be back until 5pm, we changed our plans for the day slightly. We started the day with a heritage tour of the city, which took us through the different areas. Singapore is a city of four cultures – Chinese, Indian, Malay and Eurasian. We walked down past city hall to take a boat tour of the river. I can’t believe how lovely the city is. Even back at the port you see trees planted in the area. The picture for today is just one of the shots I took during the river tour. The domed building on the right is an entertainment centre. The animal spouting water is the merlion (a symbol of the city that is supposed to be have lion and half fish). After a lunch we went out to the Jurong Bird Park, which was close to the ship. It was a hot, humid afternoon and the landscaping style of the park seemed to make it even hotter than yesterday. We were leaving the bird park and I wondered about calling the port agent to see if the departure time had changed (it had). In the end we decided that we’d done enough for the day and just headed back to the ship. The 5pm departure time changed a couple of times during the evening and I suspect we aren’t leaving until tomorrow sometime.

No comments: