When we woke up this morning we were anchored in Map Ta Phut. One of the cranes beside where we are now docked has that spelling, so we'll go with that one. We started our approach to the port just about 2pm and we're along side at the moment waiting for immigration clearance. We were originally anchored to the east of the port, in an area that looked quite nice. Now we're in an area that is purely industrial. You get the impression that this is a planned industrial / port complex. It's actually larger than I first thought. When I heard there were only three berths available I was thinking of a small area. What I think that meant was only three berths available in this section (i.e. where we will unload). Either that or the other ships are at private wharves, which is possible.
It's likely we'll be cleared to go ashore by about 5pm. The problem at the moment is we don't really know where we want to go. One of the crew tells us that we should be able to go downtown for about $10. I'm just not sure where downtown is (i.e. Map Ta Phut or another little town). The third officer just brought our passports and told me that the agent who could help with shore excursions should be aboard shortly.

No comments:
Post a Comment