Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day 102 - Red Sky


The day today was spent sailing between Xiangang and Qingdao. The overcast sky showed odd colours throughout the day, so that's what the picture for the day is. It's very obvious by now that this consistent haze is pollution in the air. We've really only had one or two very clear days since we came into Chinese waters. The docking was done by about 9:30pm tonight and I would think by now we've cleared customs. The map I have of Qingdao shows where we are, as well as the sights to see. It would be a fantastic map if it just had a scale on it. So tomorrow we'll set off and see if things are within walking distance or not. Hopefully we have more than just a day to explore the area. Our next stop (and last Chinese port) is Shanghai, although I think it's a short stop only to load containers.

No comments: