Saturday, May 05, 2007

Day 113 - Kaanmon Straights


Last night just around midnight I went up on the bridge to see what time we would be at the pilot station. The display showed about 4:30am although the captain told me that the pilot was called for 6:30am. I went back to the cabin and we set the alarm for 6:30. As it was the pilot actually came aboard slightly early. The good thing was that the ship must have arrived early and slowed down, or stopped. The rumble of the engines woke us both up and we saw the pilot boat pulling away. I actually caught a few late sunrise pictures, something I’ve rarely done on this trip. The passage through the Kaanmon Straights was lovely, however, it’s much more built up than the passage into Masan. We spent the afternoon sailing through the Inland Sea, coming out into the Pacific later in the day. We should be in Kobe sometime late tonight.

No comments: