Saturday, May 05, 2007

Day 116 - Rickmers Antwerp


Last night’s weather was a little rough when we swung into the Pacific. It was nothing like our sail across the Atlantic but it was the first time we’ve had a noticeable roll to the ship in a while. The morning dawned bright and beautiful and the day’s sailing was wonderful though. Today they were painting the pilot deck and the deck with the pool on it. The ship is constantly being scrapped, primed and painted. I suspect it’s a losing battle no matter how hard they try.

It’s just after 7pm and we’re almost at the anchorage point. Unless it’s changed, the pilot will be aboard tomorrow morning just before 7am. This will be our last port before crossing the Pacific so I will try and update the blog in Nagasaki. Some of the crew asked if we wanted to go to the seaman’s mission tomorrow night. If it’s actually a mission it will likely have internet access. If it’s a club it will likely just have beer. I’m not sure if the distinction between club and mission is quite so important to the guys.

No comments: