Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 133 - Horton Plaza


We have just over six days of sailing to reach the Pacific side of the Panama Canal. If the weather is anything like today it will be just wonderful. We’re sailing south at the moment off the Baja coast. I found a spot on the deck in the afternoon with lots of sun and just a little wind. Since it’s Sunday the crew (mostly) have the day off. So it’s like having the ship to yourself. Since the upper decks were painted back in Japan it’s likely that the upper deck will be clear of work while we sail down to Panama. These are the days I’m glad we’re not on a passenger freighter. There’s no cruise director, no organized activities, and you don’t have a fight for a deck chair or a spot to place it.

Anyway, the picture for today is one I took yesterday of Horton Plaza. I took so many pictures of it that it was difficult to pick the one I liked best.

No comments: