Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 135 - San Diego Skyline


Our fellow passenger made a comment at dinner that I think I agree with. He’s hoping we never get to Houston. Because of the length of the trip the American passenger left the ship in San Diego, and this fellow will leave with us in Houston. The sailing down the west coast has been lovely. The sun shines with only a few clouds now and then. The sea is fairly calm with only a slow rocking motion reminding you that you’re at sea. The pool gets filled each day now with clear fresh water that is getting warmer every day. I checked last night and we will arrive in the Gulf of Panama early Saturday morning. The captain believes our transit will begin Sunday morning (probably at 2am). It’s a 12-hour transit although I suspect we’ll be up at 2am just to see what’s going on. We can sleep afterwards on the way north to New Orleans.

No comments: