Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 139 - Lifeboat


I don’t think anyone who has been reading along will be surprised that our 2am Panama Transit didn’t happen. Yesterday at dinner the Captain told us that not only had our time not been confirmed, but also that he didn’t have a new scheduled time. Yesterday was a very hot day so it’s a good thing that the pool was filled. As it was Saturday there was a safety drill, this time we were told that they would be putting both lifeboats in the water. So before my swim I grabbed my camera so I could take some pictures. The bigger, covered lifeboat would actually carry all the crew and passengers. Although in this picture they lowered it by a crane, it’s actually on a 45-degree angle and would self-launch if needed. There are actually at least half a dozen life rafts/vessels on the ship, including a raft on the forward section of the ship. It makes you feel safe, i.e. no pushing for seats, but on the whole I’d rather the whole thing not come up!

No comments: