Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 144 - Gatun Locks


Today I was going over the pictures I have taken since we left. I hate to admit it but I’ve taken just over 3000 pictures since we left Canada. That sounds like an unbelievable number of pictures but it works out to just about 21 pictures a day. For those who might be looking forward to seeing pictures of our trip, don’t worry. I have no intention of sitting people down and showing them hours of pictures. In fact I burned a sample DVD today that runs just about 17 minutes. That’s really not bad when you consider that we’ve visited over 20 cities/ports and transited two canals. Today I’m using another shot of the Panama Canal – the Gatun Locks on the Caribbean side. We should start our transit into New Orleans late tomorrow afternoon, although it’s a 10-hour trip. It sounds like we’ll only be in the city for a single day, so it’s a good thing we spent two days there on the way out.

No comments: