We’re at sea once again. Since neither of us chose to get up between 6 and 7am we yet again missed the white cliffs of Dover. Oh well, I suppose they’re still there. It’s another slow day at sea although the weather has been fairly calm. Late afternoon we turned into the Bay is Biscay and the sea started to get rougher. I suspect tonight we’ll find out what few things aren’t as well secured as they should have been. According to the limited encyclopaedia I have with me Avilés is a city of between 20,000 and 99,999 people. I don’t think we’re going to have much time to explore it. We will be picking up the pilot tomorrow about 5pm, with at least an hour transit time (more when you include tying up and clearing customs). I was hoping we’d be in earlier and perhaps at least try and have dinner ashore. The plan is to load cargo through the night and leave early on the 9th – perhaps as early as noon. I suspect that Genoa may be the same (as I saw this originally when booking) so I’ll try keeping the pictures/commentaries up to date so I can perhaps update the blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment