As we were supposed to leave early (i.e. back on board by noon) we made an early start back to Avilés. We went to the train station (which did in fact have a train) and took it into the city. It turns out that it stops next door to the train station we were in last night. It was almost funny. I’m sure in years to come it will become funny. We looked at the schedule and decided that if we didn’t catch the 10:54am train back we’d have to try the bus. We actually saw the bus this morning while in the train station (although we have no idea where it stops). We walked to a local restaurant and had coffee and a pastry for breakfast. Although there seemed to be a lot of little places open this seemed to be the only real option.
After that we basically just walked around for a couple of hours. I took some pictures; we picked up a few things at a local market and went into the Internet café. I got my updates done and we made our way back to the ship. We were back by noon, however, the pilot had decided we wouldn’t go out until 5 or 6 pm (because of the weather – nice inland but quite rough outside the port. I took some shots after dinner of the lovely sunset we had. (Using that for tomorrow’s picture.)

No comments:
Post a Comment