I keep thinking that the Mediterranean seems bluer that the other oceans/seas we’ve been in, however, looking back at other pictures I think it’s my imagination. The weather is quite warm with only the wind making it necessary for a coat on the upper decks. Late afternoon brought us past Ibiza so I grabbed the camera and took a few pictures. Actually I took the pictures first and then went up onto the bridge to see what I’d taken pictures of. My mother went down onto the main deck to walk around and came up later completely soaked. If I thought she would stand still long enough I’d have probably taken a picture of it. Even the slightly less rough seas are deceptive. You still get some spray up on the lower decks and an occasional wave. The only good thing she says is that the weather is warm today! After a shower she’s now off to the laundry to wash the salt water out of her t-shirt and jeans.
I hear from the captain that we should be in Genoa tomorrow by about 7pm, however, we’ll likely only be there until noon the next day. The chief engineer tells me that there’s a bus into town quite near where we dock, so we’ll probably do the same as we did in Avilés – try and go in twice if we can. Hopefully I can update the website during one of the trips.

No comments:
Post a Comment