Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day 74 - Tropical Garden


Well, the agent came aboard later last night and we agreed to a tour. The price quoted was far too low as we found out as we approached the first stop. I realised when I saw the entrance fee that the amount quoted couldn't have been correct. I was right, as the agent gave us a different price when we got out of the car. So, we've learned a lesson - make sure what the tour includes. We would still have agreed to the price ($60 total), however, one of the passengers had wavered a lot on coming. Her main priority was to shop, so I doubt she would have come with the higher price.

Anyway, we had a great day. We went to the Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens, which were incredible. During our time there we also saw an elephant show. I know they are probably questionable, however, the elephants really did seem to enjoy themselves. One in particular was quite the character. After a stop in the orchid garden we headed to a temple that actually combined Thai and Chinese religions to showcase all. A late lunch in an open-air Pattaya restaurant gave us a quick look at the beach town everyone said we should visit. I'm glad it was only a part of the tour as it was a typical tourist beach town. Then we made a shopping stop in a mall. This gave me a chance to use the internet and also let us buy some mix for our Jack Daniels!

We made it back to the ship just before dinnertime. After dinner I went out to a local cantina with one of the other passengers and some of the crew. It was more like a small variety store with a couple of tables and a television playing music videos. Although having said that the staff pulled a few tables together and brought glasses for the beer we bought. The guys added some snacks - handy in the store, and we had a fun evening. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but the karaoke microphone was broken!

No comments: