Today brings no news of when we will be able to berth. The captain thought he would hear something in the afternoon but didn't mention it at dinner. I think this is the only time during the trip that you feel a little out of sorts. When you're sailing you feel like you're going somewhere. In port, even if there isn't much you want to do, you can always watch the unloading / loading which is always interesting. Sitting at anchor is just sitting at anchor. You can see from the picture here that there are a lot of ships all waiting like us. Good thing we're not all waiting for one spot. I found more sun today even though it was a bit colder. The weather cleared up beautifully though and you could actually see blue sky. The delay in a couple of the ports probably means we won't be back until mid-May. A while back the posted list showed Houston dates of May 10th - May 15th. I'm pretty sure those will have changed by now. Oh well, such is the life on a cargo ship. This means likely a late April crossing of the Pacific, so I'm hoping this means good weather.

No comments:
Post a Comment