Well, the first of May started ominously, with dark grey clouds. It did clear up during the day however we’re still getting a fair bit of a roll. It’s actually a nice constant rocking motion. This is quite different from the crossing of the Atlantic where these side-to-side rolls were interspersed with lunges forward and back. Later in the day I played with the camera a bit. I rested it against the windowsill in the cabin and took shots as the ship moved from side to side. It’s quite interesting to see them together. I was up on the bridge today and we’re showing as 10pm at the pilot station on the 4th of May. I suspect it will change a little and I know we’re really hoping for a morning transit. It’s kind of a catch-22, as a late evening transit would likely let us have more time in San Diego.

No comments:
Post a Comment