Saturday, May 05, 2007

Day 130 - Bosun and Fitter


We went through our 8th and final time change last night. Well, technically there are still three more to go, but they will come after we leave San Diego. Both of us are still having problems with the time changes. In fact, so is the captain. We were talking today and his last vessel sailed from Australia to Asia with a maximum of 2 hours of changes. So for him this is a big change as well. The weather is getting a fair bit warmer and if you can find a piece of the deck that is sunny and shielded from the wind it’s very pleasant. I’m looking forward to the sail down the west coast to Panama. Hopefully the water will be warm enough that they will fill the pool each day.

Today’s picture is one I took in Kobe. It was the morning I went onto the wharf to take the picture of the ship. On my way back a couple of the guys were waving and shouting for me to take their picture, so I did. At morning break I took the laptop down to show them the pictures and I ended up being asked for copies of it and the one of the ship as well.

No comments: