Today's picture pretty much gives an idea of what it has been like since we reached China. I can't decide if it's fog or smog. When we're in the heavily industrial ports such as Huangpu or Shanghai I always assume that it's smog. However, even when sailing between ports the visibility is poor. It may also be the time of year with the air warming up and the sea still cold. It just gives the impression that you're not moving. When you look down close to the ship you see that you are, but there's nothing to mark progress against. Also you don't see the sun so there's no concept of what direction you're heading. Today from the bridge I could see that there were at least a dozen ships within 4 to 6 miles away, however, I know it's unlikely I'll ever see them. We're going to be in Dalian tomorrow morning, although we found out that we're going to be in a newer port, one that they haven't been in before.

No comments:
Post a Comment